I have never been a gift person.
Want to make me feel special? Take me to a hip restaurant with amazing food, get me a coffee brewed beer, and a tray full of mini desserts. Simple, or at least I think so.
But as Mother’s Day is fast approaching, I think if these 8 things were true in the world, that would be great:
- Cold brew coffee that magically appears on my nightstand when I wake up in the morning. And no, I don’t want my husband to bring it to me everyday, I just want my coffee to appear, so I can enjoy coffee under the covers and scroll through Instagram before getting up. Oh, and I also need my son to always sleep until 7:00-7:30, I don’t need to share my coffee with him. He will want a sip or two.
- When I say “Don’t do that, please,” or any phrase implying no to my toddler, he will look up at me, smile, and say “Yes, Mama.” Is that too much to ask?
- A household robot like Rosie from the Jetsons to clean and take care of the house. Why doesn’t she exist yet, isn’t it the future? Speaking of the Jetsons, I need that conveyor belt to get me ready in the mornings too. Maybe then my hair won’t always look like a hot frizzy mess.
- All stores that I go to on a regular basis to start having childcare. I’m looking at you Target and Trader Joe’s…ever heard of IKEA?
- A coffee place with a gated or enclosed play area. Seriously, I would do anything for a coffee shop like this. Somewhere hip and cool with ridiculously good coffee, that allows kids to run around wild. Someone make this happen. An outside area would probably be best, but I’ll take what I can get.
- My toddler to always take two-hour naps or longer. Again, is that too much to ask? Mama just wants to watch TV and drink her kombucha.
Are you a Mama with an unusual Mother’s Day wish list?
Stay tuned the next couple days, I have some other fun Mother’s Day posts coming!